Effective July 1, 2021. Last Revised June 15, 2021.
We collect the following data:
- As with many other Websites, the Web servers used to operate our sites collect certain data pertaining to you and the equipment and communication methods that you use to access the Internet and our sites. Without combining these data with other sources of information, they do not readily identify you. They do reveal such things as the Internet protocol (“IP”) address assigned to your computer, pages you accessed on our sites, or immediately prior to visiting our sites, and the length of time you accessed our sites.
- Google Analytics (GA), a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States and allows us to notice trends to improve the user experience on our sites, which collects anonymous aggregate data from site visitors including which pages are visited, what time of the day the pages are visited, for how long those pages are visited, etc. (You may opt out of this tracking at any time by activating the “Do Not Track” setting in your browser.)
- We may collect additional information from you if you access our sites through a mobile device (e.g. your unique device identifier, operating system, mobile browser, mobile carrier, general location or, your precise GPS/geo-location, if enabled on your device and with your consent.).
- Personal identifying information you specifically provide us through contact forms, which include the required information of name, email address, contact phone number, and the substance of the request or query.
- Certain sections of our sites offer visitors opportunities to voluntarily participate in discussions and post comments. The content you post and/or recommendations you make may provide information about your beliefs to others. If you choose to post such information, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be viewable by us and other users of our sites.
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily complete a contact form on any of our sites’ pages to communicate with the site administrator or staff, and email directly or in any form continue correspondence with the site administrator or staff.
- When visitors leave comments on our sites we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Use or view our sites via your browser’s cookies.
We collect your data so that we can:
- facilitate site operation and system administration, to generate aggregate, non-identifiable statistical information, to resolve disputes, and to improve content and content delivery with regard to our sites and the materials, products and services that we make available on our sites.
- All information collected by us is used for internal purposes of providing content, providing support to users, and to improve services. Aggregating non-identifying information supplied by users allows us to understand our user base and to improve content and services.
- We may disclose your information to third-party service providers who aid in the maintenance and/or daily operations of our sites. This includes, but is not limited to, web and data hosting services, site analytics, and security and anti-fraud services.
It is our policy not to sell lists containing personal information about our sites’ users, registrants, or subscribers.
We take commercially reasonable measures to secure and protect customer-specific information transmitted via or stored on our sites. However, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee that information users supply to us will be totally secure.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
We retain the information we collect from and about you for as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, and in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
At this time, we do not participate in marketing outreach. Therefore, any contact information or personal information you have provided us will not be used to notify you of products or services that may potentially be offered in the future. If, at some point, the we include a shop or offer products or services in some form, this policy will be revised and any participation you have including but not limited to purchasing or providing your contact information related to the products and services will be taken as your consent to the updated terms.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our sites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our sites use:
- Functionality: We use these cookies so that we recognize you on our sites and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Google Analytics: As mentioned above, we use Google Analytics to better understand our visitors’ interests and gauge the quality of our content. They are considered to be one of the third-party service providers who help gather this information and analyze this information for us. This can include information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address.
- Session cookies that last only until you close your browser as well as persistent cookies that will remain on your computer until you delete them.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, if this is included in its functionality or there may also be browser extensions and security software available to you to delete cookies and manage them. However, in a few cases, some of our sites’ features may not function as a result. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to provide California residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information we collect and share, where we get that personal information, and how and why we use it.
In the last 12 months, we collected the following categories of personal information from California residents, depending on the services used:
- Identifiers, like your username and email address (if applicable), IP address, and cookie information.
- Geolocation information based on your IP address, or more specific location information if you authorize your device to provide it to us.
- Inferences we make based on other collected data, for purposes such as recommending content, advertising, and analytics.
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, including the right to request access to or deletion of your personal information, and information about our data practices, as well as the right not to be discriminated against for exercising your privacy rights.
Individuals under the age of eighteen (18) are not allowed to use our sites. Additionally, if you are in the EEA, you must be over the age required by the laws of your country to visit our sites.
We reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable information or other information we collect through our sites or otherwise if we are required to do so by law or if we reasonably believe that the disclosure is necessary in order to (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of law or to comply with legal process served on us; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property or third party licensors of any material on our site; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health or safety of the users of our sites or the general public.
Should you choose to participate in discussions via the comments section, the content you post is visible to all as this is a public website. As such, we are unable to prevent or control further use of this information by others. Be advised, it may be copied, saved, or indexed by third parties, including search engines.
We will retain information from visitors who have been banned due to toxic or abusive behavior (e.g. spamming, promoting hate or racist views) so that we can comply with law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyze, or troubleshoot programs, or take other actions permitted by law. We will also maintain this information to prevent further disruption on our sites.
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by using the form at the bottom of this page.